Monday 25 June 2012

Option 3:

In the summer holidays when I have nothing to do I like to watch films and when I have my niece and nephew round they like watching the old Disney films and one of their favourites is Peter Pan. One key point in the film has always stuck in my mind and after adding my style images onto the blog, it made me think back to that key part. The clock. It appears in different points within the film as it lets captain hook know that the crocodile is near by ticking.

Now focusing more on the clock, I want to see how it fits within everyday life:
  Although not usually depicted as an item of furniture, a clock is always a constant appearance in every home, weather it be on the wall, on the cooker or microwave, or even someones DVD player. As everyone knows a clock is a time piece and helps people keep track of what happens through the day, to check when it is tea time or to pick the children up from school. So I want to research into time keeping and different ways of doing so.

After doing some extended research into clocks and clock makers, I have found a designer whose work is a lot like my style as it is handmade and one of a kind. This links back to the vintage side of things which is personally interesting to me so I know that I can relate well to this idea. The designer or clock maker is Roger Wood and after looking at his website I want to work my Boogazine around him and clocks and link it with the vintage. As clocks link to time, I would like to go back in time to older clocks such as grandfather clocks and then work my way up into modern day clocks and how people are reinventing them, making them old fashioned again and bringing the styles back around. 


Here is a video about the designer himself and the clocks that he has made and what inspired him to make such amazing and one off clocks. He is a very inspirational person and I would like to create such great pieces of work. For me I like different things, things other people don't have and after looking at his work I want to focus on getting other people's attention that this is possible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment