Monday 25 June 2012

Option 3: Post 3

The designer that I want to look at, Roger Wood, creates time pieces such as this. They are one of a kind and he uses anything that he finds and adds them together to create such wonderful pieces. Looking at the image below, you can see a small horn, a meter and wheels. They are not usual things to see on a clock but when they are put together they work well.

Vintage is a one of a kind thing, and these clocks are one of a kind. I want to include these types of miss matched things into my Boogazine, making it original and unusual for the reader. This will also catch their eye as it is nothing they are quite used to, this and my style idea of vintage will keep the viewer intrigued as to what will appear next.  


With designs like these they can be up for discussion, asking different people about their opinions and weather they would purchase or design such a clock. This could also show how the old can link with the new to create this classic type timepieces. It all links together and I would like to reflect that in my Boogazine how everything can be re-used or recycled and also show the viewer what other possibilities can be achieved, just by taking a simple clock and making it into something magical.




Below I have added some general clocks that I have around my house. Although some of the designs are simple and don't have a huge wow factor, they all have individual traits so to speak, that make it different from the next.



        




As you can see, the all have a unique feature that is very appealing to the eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment